Family Energy Rebate
The Family Energy Rebate helps NSW family households with dependent children to cover the costs of their energy bills.
In 2018-2019 the Family Energy Rebate provides eligible households a credit on an energy bill of up to $180.
If you live in an on-supplied residential community, retirement village or strata scheme the rebate is up to $198.
The application submission deadline is 11pm Thursday 20 June 2019.
Am I eligible for the Family Energy Rebate?
To be eligible for the 2018-2019 NSW Family Energy Rebate, you must:
- be a resident of New South Wales; and
- be an account holder of an electricity retailer, or a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme; and whose name appears on the electricity account for supply to her or his principal place of residence; and
- have been assessed by the Federal Department of Human Services (DHS) as being eligible for the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) A or B at any time during the 2018-2019 financial year, and have received a payment of FTB in respect of that eligibility.
How do I apply for the Family Energy Rebate?
You can apply in either of two ways:
- apply online using the Online Application Form; or
- download a Paper Application Form, complete and submit via email, fax or post.
If you are a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, a resident of an on-supplied retirement village or an on-supplied strata scheme, or you do not have an email address, or your energy retailer is not listed in the pull down menu on the online application form, you will need to submit a paper application form. Visit the Applying for the Rebate page for detailed information.