NSW Gas Rebate
On 1 July 2015 the NSW Government introduced a Gas Rebate to help eligible NSW households to pay their natural gas bills.
The NSW Gas Rebate provides:
$90 (excluding GST) a year to eligible customers who hold a natural gas account with a natural gas retailer of their choice.
To be eligible for the NSW Gas Rebate, you need to:
- be resident in New South Wales; and
- be a customer of the retailer, or a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme; and whose name appears on the gas account for supply of natural gas to his or her principal place of residence; and
- hold either a:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the DHS/DVA; or
- DHS Health Care Card; or
- DVA Gold Card marked with either:
- War Widow or War Widower Pension; or
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI); or
- Disability Pension (EDA).
Note: Commonwealth Senior Heath Card holders are not eligible for this rebate.
How do I apply for the NSW Gas Rebate?
Different application and payment processes apply depending on whether you hold a natural gas account with an retailer of your choice or receive a natural gas bill from, or on behalf of, the operator (or strata manager) of an on-supplied residential community, retirement village or strata scheme.
If you are billed for natural gas by a gas retailer of your choice, you apply for this rebate by phoning your gas retailer and supplying your concession card or healthcare card details over the phone.
There is no form to apply directly to your retailer for the NSW Gas Rebate. Households should call their retailer to apply over the phone.