Queensland pensioners and seniors may be eligible for a rebate to assist with their electricity consumption.
The Electricity Rebate provides:
An Electricity Rebate of 340.85 per year (GST inclusive) paid on a daily rate over the billing period.
Rebates are available to people who have any of the below:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Queensland Seniors Card.
- Commonwealth Health Care Card (Electricity Rebate only)
- Asylum seeker status (residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details)
To be eligible, the card holder must also live alone or share their principal place of residence with (only) any of the below:
- their spouse
- other people who hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Queensland Seniors Card
- other people wholly dependent on them
- other people who receive an income support payment from Centrelink, the Family Assistance Office, or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and who do not pay rent
- other people who live with the card holder to provide care and assistance, and who do not pay rent.
If you live in caravan park or multi-unit residential building (e.g. apartment), you must also show that your electricity is paid on the basis of metered consumption.
How do I apply for the Electricity Rebate?
Contact 1st Energy with your concession details to apply.