1st Energy and the COVID-19 (the coronavirus)
News and updates
COVID-19 (the coronavirus) is having a significant impact on the lives of all Australians.
At 1st Energy, we’re doing everything we can to assist our customers, our staff and the community and we encourage you to let us know if you’re experiencing payment difficulties and need help paying your bill. Call us on 1300 426 594 to discuss different payment options or visit our payment difficulties page for more information.
We also understand many customers are practicing social distancing. To make it easier for you, you can pay your bill online, click here to pay now and use your customer number to make payments via Visa or MasterCard. Alternatively, you can make a phone payment, give us a call on 1300 426 594 and use the biller code 878876.
Here are some of the ways you can get help:
- Tax relief: if you have a debt to the tax office you can’t pay call the Australian Tax Office emergency support infoline on 1800 806 218
- Unexpected bills for essentials: don’t go to high-interest payday lenders. No-interest and low-interest loans of up to $3000 available from Good Shepherd Microfinance.
- Utility providers will negotiate a payment plan to keep the power, water and gas on – ring them
- Banks will make hardship provisions available if you are having trouble paying your mortgage – call your lender
- Set up a myGov account at gov.auso you can access welfare help online
- Go to Services Australia and use the payment and service finder to work out what help you can get
- A list of Services Australia phone numbers for different information lines from crisis payments to low income health care cards is here
- Visit the Services Australia and register for a Jobseeker Paymentor call to register on 132 850
- Centrelink advance payments are available in some circumstances
- You can get rent assistancefrom Services Australia if you are on a JobSeeker payment
- National Debt Hotline for free advice and support for those in financial difficulty 1800 007 007
Your distributor is also working hard to prioritise essential work throughout this unprecedented event and there may be some delays in carrying out non-essential metering services.
We are proud to be providing an essential service and we will continue to do our best to serve our customers during this difficult time. We thank you for your patience in advance for any delays in responding to your enquiry due to increased call volumes.
The 1st Energy Team.