By registering your home as requiring a continuous energy supply, we’ll ensure that you’re kept up to date on any planned energy supply interruptions. That means you’ll receive Life Support protections, including at least four business days’ prior written notice of retailer or distributor planned outages and other restrictions on disconnecting power to your home.
- an oxygen concentrator
- an intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- a kidney dialysis machine
- a chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- a ventilator for life support
- in relation to a particular customer – any other equipment (whether fuelled by electricity or gas) that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for a person residing at the customer’s premises for life support
- external heart pumps
- respirators (iron lung)
- suction pumps (respiratory or gastric)
- feeding pumps (kangaroo pump, or total parenteral nutrition)
- insulin pumps
- airbed vibrator
- hot water
- nebulizer, humidifiers or vaporizers
- apnoea monitors
- medically required heating and air conditioning
- medically required refrigeration
- powered wheelchair
How do I register?
To register your life support equipment you can call us on 1300 426 594, email us at email@example.com or let your distributor know (and they’ll let us know).
If you’re unsure if you’re entitled to have your equipment or machine registered as life support, please call us and we can assist you.
What we’ll do
» We’ll send you a medical confirmation form to complete
» We’ll provide temporary life support protection to your premise to give you time to complete the form and return it to us
» We’ll also include information to help you prepare your emergency action plan, so you can be prepared in case of an unplanned energy supply outage.
What you need to do
» You’ll need to get a registered medical practitioner to complete and sign the medical confirmation form
» You’ll need to complete and sign the medical confirmation form and return it to us in the return envelope
» Let us know if you need more time to complete the form by the due date, and can provide an extension
Unplanned power outages
We urge you to prepare a plan of action in case of an unexpected power outage like those caused by storms and bushfires.
You may also be eligible for a life support concession, have a look here for more information.
What makes 1st Energy different?
About 1st Energy
Founded in 2014, we are a new energy company currently servicing New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
Our Energy Plans
Break free from being treated as a number in the system. Our low rates and great discounts are just the beginning.
Flexible Payment Options
We offer a number of easy payment methods for you to keep your account up to date online.